Welcome To Green Platinum Blog

Welcome To Green Platinum Blog
Media & Entertainment I Talent Advisory & Management Company

Monday 25 December 2017

MY EP (BORN AGAIN) WAS THE REBIRTH OF MY BRAND--BUFFALO SOULJAH

                                                                                 by Onwuka M. Onyeka

Let me start by wishing our esteemed readers across Africa and beyond a special Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2018 ahead. We zoomed our talent lens all the way to Zimbabwe to bring you this exclusive interview with Africa's most celebrated dancehall king ,Buffalo Souljah . Enjoy!

GP: Thank you for granting us this interview? 
BS: Not a problem my Bredda. 

GP: Who is Buffalo Souljah? 
BS: Buffalo Souljah is a Zimbabwean Born Multi-Award winning Artist and the current Reigning King of African Dancehall. 
I am also the First African Dancehall Artist to represent his country and Content at the White House to perform for Former President Barack Obama and other International Delegates. 

GP: Do you see yourself as a voice in shaping leadership in Zimbabwe and the rest of Africa? 
BS: Yes I do. If you listen to the lyrics of my track King of African Dancehall you would understand that and get full answer to your question. 

GP: Do you think reggae is still a powerful tool as it used to be in the days of Lucky Dube and Bob Marley? 
BS: Yes I do more now even so that the inspired genre from it being Dancehall is taking center stage worldwide at the moment. 

GP: Which African artiste would you love to do song collaboration with? 
BS: Well I've worked with most African Super Stars, but I'm open to working with anyone as long as we gel and there's a vibe and it's natural. A lot of youths are bringing their own fire to the industry at the Moment. 

GP: You signed former Miss Zimbabwe, Vanessa Sibanda, formerly known as Queen Vee, in 2010 to your record label U.N.A. Is she still on your record label or have you signed another artist? 
BS: Yes She'll probably stay with us for life or for the full length of her career. 

GP: You are a record label executive and performing artiste, what is the challenges of being a music artiste and record label executive in Africa? 
BS: Striking a perfect balance between both of them is the biggest challenge and finding finance to keep the label running smoothly is a major factor for keeping a performing Artiste relevant in this day an age. 

GP: If I meet you in an African restaurant, what am I likely going to catch you eating? 
BS: Hahaha on my Cheat day you would probably catch me eating Sadza (Pap) and some traditional meat or Igusi. Let's just say anything African with meat and that tastes great I would probably be eating it. 


GP: Which African country you haven’t visited and would you love to go on tour? 
BS: Seychelles or Morocco. 

GP: Tell us about your recently released album and what to expect from you in 2018 
BS: You mean my EP (Born Again) it was the Rebirth of my Brand as a musician to show people how versatile I'm as an artist with experience in the different genres I can put myself in. It also signifies the new vision my team and I are taking towards 2018 regarding my brand as a whole. We now perform with a full band 90% of the time and look out for such Electrifying live performance footage throughout 2018. 

GP: Thank You for talking to us 
BS: Thank You as well for having me stay Bless and Give Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment