Welcome To Green Platinum Blog

Welcome To Green Platinum Blog
Media & Entertainment I Talent Advisory & Management Company

Sunday 3 December 2017

11 QUESTIONS WITH HOLLYWOOD ACTOR, RANDY TAYLOR


                                                                          by Onwuka M. Onyeka                                                  
The internet has truly built bridges. We sat in our Lagos office and had an exclusive interview with Hollywood actor, RANDY TAYLOR in the USA via the internet. This is a must read for actors. Enjoy!                                          

GP: Can you tell us a little about yourself for the sake of our African audience who may not know you.

RANDY: I was born in America on the West Coast of California.  I was an athlete growing up and in high school, I was the California Teenage Champion in weight lifting, I finished college with a Bachelor of Science degree and worked as a sales person and speaker after college.

GP: When did you start acting and what was your first acting role?
RANDY: I started acting late in life with my first role in a feature film, with a minor role.  I did meet a movie producer at that time and was cast to play a villain and  international mob leader in the movie Bullets, Blades, and Blood which also stars martial artists from America, China, Egypt, and India. The movie is to be shown in 2018, next year. The trailer also features 2 African American actors. This trailer won an award at a Hollywood area film festival  Click here   ‎kickbxn5

GP: Have you ever been to Africa during the course of your career or for leisure?
RANDY: I have never been to Africa but have friends from Nairobi and would love to  visit Kenya one day.

GP: Have you ever seen a Nollywood or African movie?

RANDY: I have not seen any African movie but I have seen some Nollywood movie trailers and enjoyed the background music especially.

GP: Which African America have you worked with in Hollywood?

RANDY: I have worked with Robert Parham , an African American, who is a world famous martial artist, five Time World Kick Boxing Champion and three time world champion in karate. . I then  worked with him again in a movie that just won three Action movie awards in a row this year, included one at a West African and New York festival, called Jackson Bolt. 
 

GP: You featured in the anticipated Star Wars films yet to be released can you tell us about the roles you played and who you acted with?


RANDY: The Star Wars film stars myself and an actor from Australia, Arian McCoon Conner.  It is not a full length movie but was reviewed by Disney studios in Hollywood as part of an international competition. 

It will be seen next year 2018 and my role is that of the main villain in the Star Wars series:  Darth Sidious, also known as the emperor as his alter ego. The trailer for that is very short for secrecy purposes but is seen at this link. I am the last voice and person at the end of the trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0l1dsNaotQ

GP: What do you think Africa movie producers and directors? 


RANDY: African movie producers have great music to work with and the camera work seems fine . The suggestion would be to the actors: If you make a mistake acting it is always from trying too hard and "acting" too aggressively by waving the hands too much or giving too much facial expression. According to two of our biggest stars currently, Robert Dinero  and past, Gregory Peck, we need to NOT act  but instead be a regular person in the role. Both even said to do nothing and let the character take care of themselves from the script. 

GP: What are those essential skills a young African who is looking forward to breaking into Hollywood needs? 


RANDY: The skills needed to break into acting and  more roles is the same no matter where you live.. Help people with unconditional favors, meet people in actor groups or business groups and then  keep records of who you meet in a data base. If you build trust by actually helping others, they will refer you for parts before others know about them.  Also act in anything in order to practice and meet others.

GP: Would you love to feature in Nollywood or other African-wood if contacted? 


RANDY: I would gladly work in an African film if contacted. I have played a cowboy, a psychiatrist, a mob boss, and more.  If I am suited for the part, I would travel.

GP: List three African countries you would love to visit and the reasons. 


RANDY: The countries I would like to visit are Nigeria because I find the people that I have met to be friendly, optomistic, and polite.  Kenya to see the countryside and Lions in the wild. Finally, Congo is interesting to me because I would like to see the countryside and observe the wildlife.

GP: What advice would you give to a budding actor/actress

RANDY:  It is necessary to make friends by being one. If you help others with any favor of any type, even getting  donations for food for the cast in a film project; you will stand out and  be valued. When you are well established in an acting community some people will offer you free scholarships for acting classes, help you with your advertising,  and will refer you for auditions.  I was asked in the last five years to do four TV interviews and six radio interviews, all on different stations because I had helped others when I could and because I 'attended a lot of networking meetings. 

Finally, learn social media and share any videos you are  in with actor groups, not only personal your pages but on large groups. No career is more challenging , but it certainly is rewarding and we can all get work as actors, regardless of our ages, if we work at it.
 
GP:  Thank you for talking to us.
RANDY: Thank You


No comments:

Post a Comment